Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA)
Licensed Professional Counselor (CA)
My philosophy is to maintain a totally human-focused practice rather than only addressing the symptoms. I truly believe each person inherently owns the resources to achieve their greatest good, and those resources lie inside of every human being just waiting to be discovered and developed. I am determined to guide you in finding this treasure, so you may experience a joyful and fulfilling life. The mind, the body and the soul are one. They are eternally connected and that which affects one impacts the others. The mind is an infinitely powerful tool! Every thought we think creates the lives we experience. Every human being has the inherent power to learn to be in control of their lives and destinies. I would love to join you in this journey of self-discovery, healing and personal growth. Please remember, life is a wonderful gift, ENJOY IT!
- I have extensive experience working with at-risk youth involved in the juvenile justice system, both while in custody and out, as well as educating and supporting their parents through the difficult times incarceration can bring to a family. In my experience as a Law Enforcement Officer, I experienced first hand the effects stress can have on the body and mind. It caused me to develop a course for my Law Enforcement family to understand the dangers of stress and manage it effectively, so that it doesn't catch up to them later. This caused me to recognize that Therapists too are exposed to stress and trauma in a different way perhaps, yet the tension causes the same distress to the body and mind, so I have been effectively working with other colleagues to help them stay their healthy selves while they do the work that we so love, without being harmed in the process. I served as an Adjunct Professor and Clinical Supervisor with the University of San Diego, charged with providing Individual and Group supervision to trainees from its Master in Mental Health Clinical Counseling Program at the School of Leadership and Education Sciences. I am a Certified in Rapid Resolution Therapist (RRT) by the Institute for Rapid Resolution Therapy, Inc. I feel that Clinical Hypnosis gives me the ability to assist clients in achieving results quicker and with deeper healing. I am very excited to have RRT be part of my practice, a cutting-edge approach to healing and positive change, that utilizes precise multilevel hypnotic communication. Unlike other approaches to trauma treatment, which require the client to experience painful emotions while reliving the traumatic event, Clinical Hypnosis with Rapid Trauma Resolution clears the effects of trauma gently and painlessly. For this reason, I have added two counselors to my group practice that have been trained in RRT and I look forward to the good work that they will continue to do.I continually participate in educational opportunities to enhance my growth and knowledge. Currently, I am an active member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, a member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, and a member of the National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists.
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (June 2001); University of San Diego - San Diego, CA Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (May 2003); Extended Study: Families of Children with Special Needs, Professional Issues in Family Therapy, Domestic Violence and Child Abuse, Families and Health, and Spiritual Issues; Professional College of Psychotherapy and Clinical Hypnosis - Tijuana, Mexico Master Degree in Clinical Hypnotherapy (November 2008); Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (2011) - National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists; Certified Rapid Resolution Therapist (2014) - The Institute for Rapid Resolution Therapy
- Anxiety and Depression
- Caregiver Stress
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Marriage and Relationship Therapy
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Rapid Resolution Therapy
- Secondary/Vicarious Trauma
- Stress Management