LCPC licensed Clinic Professional Counselor (IL)
My practice is dedicated to helping adults, teens, couples and families through the use of practical and research proven methodologies. I have learned that "one size does not fit all" and I use different approaches based on the needs of my clients. My approach is interactive and collaborative. Together, we can take steps to manage what is going on in your life and to strengthen your relationships with the people most important to you.
I provide a non-judgmental, healing space in which to explore your thoughts and feelings safely. My approach is to take complex issues and break them down to simple, easy-to-apply concepts, allowing you to achieve your goals. I find success lies in building on the strengths you already possess and we use that as the foundation to build upon. One of my goals for every client is that they walk away from each session with practical knowledge that they can begin applying that day.
I realize that everyone that I work with comes with a unique set of needs and experiences. As the client, you will set the pace of treatment and together, we will determine what is needed to improve your quality of life. Whether our work can be accomplished in just a few sessions or something more long-term is needed, I am here to hep you navigate life's challenges.
For more information, check out my website at www.mtomlinsontherapy.com.
- I have a broad experience to handle most clinical issues that people struggle with. I have worked a great deal with anxiety, depression, unsatisfying relationships, issues pertaining to women, trauma, stress, and life transitions to name a few. I am an empathic, active listener who approaches my clients' concerns with respect, honesty, pragmatism, caring and when appropriate, with humor.
- M.S. Ed. from Northern Illinois UniversityHeartMath Certified PractitionerCertified in the Foundations Component of the Tara ApproachCertified Laughter LeaderNational Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Anxiety and Depression
- Marriage and Relationship Counseling
- Women's Issues and Health
- Stress Management
- Adjustment & Life Transition
- Trauma and Abuse
- Mood Disorders
- Anger Management
- Career Guidance