1808 18th Street Lynden, WA 98264 US
Each of us has a story that is continually in the process of being written. How we are uniquely shaped is intricately connected to the relationships and experiences that we have in our lives. Like all of us, such relationships and experiences, past and present, have most likely written both heartache and joy into your story.
Thus, you may find your story has led you to a place where you might feel that change seems impossible, and that you need to hide, or that you somehow have lost your way, and that you feel broken, confused, and very much alone.
I view counseling as a relational and collaborative process, which invites and opens up the possibility for a new and more expansive storyline to emerge. It does so by providing the space we all need to grieve and heal, discover and process, imagine and grow, breathe and become.
My job as your therapist in this process will be to consistently offer you a blend of non-judgmental kindness, clinical insight, and thoughtful interventions as we partner together in moving you, at your own pace, toward a more intentional, fuller, healthier, and satisfying storyline.
- In addition to my private practice, I work for the Student Counseling & Wellness Center at Northwest University in Kirkland, WA, where I counsel students, couples, and groups of students. I am also a part of the instructional staff at The Seattle School, where I co-lead practicum groups for first year Master's students, teaching, modeling, inviting, and developing future therapists, pastors, artists, writers, and leaders in the art and skills of attuned therapeutic listening. Prior to becoming a licensed therapist, I served for about a decade as a local pastor to youth and young families. This included assisting parents in the the spiritual formation and care of their children. It also included providing pastoral care, spiritual direction, and mentoring relationships for youth, and young adults struggling with doubt, grief, depression, and sometimes addictive behaviors.
- I hold a Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology from a selective psychodynamic training program located in downtown Seattle, called The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology. I also hold a Master's of Divinity Degree from Calvin Theological Seminary, and a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Honors Kinesiology from Redeemer University College.
- Anxiety and Depression
- Marriage and Relationship Counseling
Session Type / Duration
- Couples therapy / 60 Minutes
- Individual therapy / 60 Minutes
- Life span integration / 60 Minutes