Licensed Independent Social Worker (OH)
Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor (OH)
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (NC)
539 East Washington St. Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
I've been a practicing social worker since 1994. First, in the field of chemical dependency, working at several treatment centers in northeast Ohio. Several years after becoming independently licensed as an independently licensed social worker (LISW-S), I opened a private practice and began seeing clients in both Chagrin Falls, and, later, in Mentor, Ohio. Now, with the advent of online therapy, I am able to provide online therapy sessions throughout Ohio. My specialties include treating clients with anxiety, depression, trauma, and variety of mental health diagnoses. My therapy skills include the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Addiction Recovery following primary treatment, grief therapy and EMDR. Clients who wish to learn meditation skills, and other present moment techniques are assisted in learning, and, practicing these skills to help them achieve peace and serenity in daily life. Please call me to talk about your issues so we can determine if tele-counseling is right for you.
- I became a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) in 1994, after graduating from Notre Dame College of Ohio. Then, I attended graduate school at Case Western Reserve University earning a Master's Degree in Social Services Administration in 1997. After completing post-graduate supervision and practice hours, I became a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), obtained the credential of Supervisor after several years in practice. I have practiced my profession with clients in residential and outpatient treatment settings (chemical dependency, severely emotionally disabled children and teens, adult community mental health); and, began private practice in 2003. I currently have two office locations: Chagrin Falls and Mentor, Ohio; as well as recently adding the etherapy service as a therapy option. I provide Christian-based therapy upon request. Recently the availability of e-therapy has afforded me the opportunity to reach clients around the state of Ohio who are seeking a therapist with my credentials and experience. Please call me at 440-669-1941 if you would like to find out more about my services to answer your questions; and/or schedule an appointment.
- Master of Arts in Social Services Administration: Case Western Reserve University, 1997. Bachelor of Arts: Psychology and Human Resources Development from Notre Dame College of Ohio 1994. Associal of Arts: Pastoral Theology earned at Notre Dame College of Ohio 1993.
Session Type / Duration
- Consultation / 10 Minutes
- Individual session / 60 Minutes
- Initial appointment/assessment / 80 Minutes
- Joint session / 75 Minutes