Provisionally Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (NE)
10840 Old Mill Road STE 300 Omaha, NE 68154 US
I am passionate about meeting my client’s where they are at in each moment, which means that I feel strongly that therapy must be unique to each individual client. I often utilize mindfulness techniques, such as deep breathing exercises and guided meditation. I am also trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and utilize this technique when appropriate. As a yoga practitioner and instructor, I also enjoy integrating mind-body, relaxation, and breathing techniques into my work with clients. Art, sand tray, and other interactive techniques are also therapeutic activities I often employ.
- Summary of skills/techniques:TF-CBTMindfulnessRelaxationGuided MediationArtSand trayAreas of Interest and SpecializationI enjoy working with adolescents and adults. Although I work with all categories of mental health disorders, I specialize in working with individuals who have experienced trauma. I have specific training and experience working with children and families impacted by sexual abuse. I have also helped individuals with a variety of presentations, including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, relationship issues, grief and loss, domestic violence, separation from family (such as foster placement), and substance use.
- Education and TrainingI graduated from the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) in 2015 with a Master of Science degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I also have a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from UNO.I have completed training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and I am currently completing work to become a nationally certified TF-CBT clinician. I also have completed training and have experience working with children, adults, and families who have been impacted by sexual abuse and problematic sexual behaviors.In addition, I am a 200 hour certified yoga instructor, which I completed in 2010.License/Certifications: PLMHP #10682
- Trauma and Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Session Type / Rate / Duration
- Individual psychotherapy (30min) / $40 / 30 Minutes
- Individual psychotherapy (45min) / $60 / 45 Minutes
- Individual psychotherapy (60min) / $80 / 60 Minutes