Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (FL)
From a very young age I knew I wanted to be a psychotherapist. I was introduced to psychotherapy as a child, when my own family participated in family therapy. My belief in our power to make positive change in our lives comes not only from years of academic work but also my own lived experiences.
I believe that there are lessons in all our life struggles, and we take on the challenge, we can learn, heal, and grow–allowing us to live a more balanced life.
I believe that depression and anxiety are most often the result of living our lives in-authentically—having made decisions that go against who we are at our core, transgressing our values, or living life the way others expect us to live it.
I believe we tell ourselves “stories” about ourselves, others, and the situations we are in, which dramatically affect how we feel, and influence the decisions we have made in the past, and the decisions we will make in the future.
I love what I do, and I look forward to working, collaboratively, with you.
I have been in the counseling field for over 25 years, starting my career as a Hospice Grief Counselor. Since then my focused expertise has been on Trauma, complex PTSD (Dissociative Disorders), and Sexual Health (sexual disorders, intimacy, sex addiction). I also work with couples with a focus on relationship trauma, attachment injuries, communication and sexual intimacy.
As an Army veteran, I have taken on a special interest in military service members, veterans, and their families, working with couples, post discharge transition, combat trauma, moral injury, and suicide education/prevention.
I am here to help you overcome your life obstacles, heal from past wounds, and rebuild and strengthen your relationships.
2013 - PhD in Psychology; Capella University
1997 - MS in Mental Health Counseling, Nova Southeastern University
1993 - BA in Psychology; Saint Leo University
2001 - Clinical Sexology Certificate; The American Academy of Clinical Sexology
- PTSD and Trauma
- Marriage and Relationship Counseling
- Bereavement and Grief
- Sexual Issues
- Anxiety and Depression
Session Type / Duration
- Bundle #1 - 2 in office or video sessions week + 1000 word messaging per week / 1 Minutes
- Bundle #2 - 2 in office or video sessions a month + 1000 word messaging per week. / 1 Minutes
- Couples consultation / 90 Minutes
- Couples counseling / 60 Minutes
- Couples counseling / 90 Minutes
- Free 15 minute initial consultation / 15 Minutes
- Individual counseling / 60 Minutes
- Individual therapy / 90 Minutes
- Initial evaluation & assessment / 90 Minutes
- Messaging add-on - 500 words per week / 1 Minutes
- Messaging add-on 1500 words per week / 1 Minutes
- Messagingd add-on 1000 words per week / 1 Minutes
- Pending intake admin / 45 Minutes