Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA)
I see clients online and have an office in Carlsbad . I am able to work with all clients that are California residents thru online counseling.I started the Carlsbad Counseling Center in 1994. As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I have extensive experience in the fields of both pre-marital and marriage counseling. Office and Online counseling is available.
My primary orientation and therapeutic work is done using Emotionally Focused Therapy. I am a trained Mediator, assisting clients in preparing for various meetings related to divorce, custody evaluations and dispositions. I also specialize in assessment and crisis intervention, issues surrounding the transitions and turbulence of adolescence and adjustment issues.
For over 20 years I have worked in both in-patient and out-patient settings. I am trained and work with clients from a variety of religious, cultural and personal backgrounds. I am a life-time member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. I look forward to helping you to the best of my ability!
- Licensed since 1994, I have worked in both private practice and group and non profits. I am comfortable working with a variety of issues, including couples, individuals (ocd, anxiety, relationship and parenting).
- I have a masters in clinical psychology from the Professional School of Psychological Services (1992), Certifications in Expressive Art, Parent education, Mediation, Parent Co ordination, Emotionally Focused (Couples & Individual) Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and DBT. The center will also provide court related classes (not online) but thru a live feed. The following courses are available, Parent Education (in. High conflict co parenting, Anger management, Out-Patient Substance Treatment, Elder Abuse and Shoplifting) .
- Anxiety and Depression
- Court Mandated Services: classes & counseling
- Marriage and Relationship Counseling
- Obsessive-compulsive Disorder
- Sexual Issues
Session Type / Duration
- Check in / 15 Minutes
- Initial consultation (post call) / 30 Minutes
- Psychotherapy / 55 Minutes