Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA)
106 West Lime Avenue Suite 201 Monrovia, CA 91016 US
Following a 30-year career as a Health & Fitness Coach, Rudy pursued a career in Clinical Psychology. He chose the Masters’ program at Azusa Pacific University (APU) because it offered a curriculum based on an Interdisciplinary Integration model,which focuses on the intersection of Psychology, Philosophy, and Spirituality.
As a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Rudy believes these three pillars significantly impact our thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors – moreover, good therapists pay attention to how they are configured, integrated, and expressed in people’s lives. It is through that lens that effective therapy is implemented.
A well-adjusted healthy couple or family requires a collective commitment from all members in order to be able to create mutual empathy and understanding.
Rudy’s role as stepfather was one of his most significant life experiences, which taught him to empathize and sympathize with all members of blended and extended families in his practice. He learned firsthand that family relationships are made up of complex layers of connections: history, genetics, personalities, habits, patterns, values, core beliefs, ethical codes, which must all be considered when paving a road to healthy communication, functioning, love, understanding, empathy, and growth
- I have worked in private practice since 2009, and have been licensed since 2013.Although I specialize in Couples Therapy, the majority of my clients are individuals from all walks of life and demographics.My current client cases address the following:
- PTSD/Trauma (Childhood, Adult, and recent Las Vegas shooting)
- Phase of Life struggles, i.e. Empty Nest, Boomerang Generation, Sandwich Generation, Retirement, Second Careers, Failures to Launch
- Relationship Coaching: work-related, family, couples, organizations
- Pre-Marital Counseling and Coaching
- BA Degree in Kinesiology and Physical Education
- MA Degree in Clinical Psychology
- Advanced Couples Training through the Gottman Institute (levels 1 and 2)
- Externship Intenstive in Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Advanced Couples Training with Couples Institute (Ellen Bayder and Peter Pearson)
- Marriage and Relationship Counseling
- Effective Communication
- Wellness and Health Promotion