Licensed Psychologist (TX)
Dr. Jasmine R. Burton is a licensed counseling psychologist and the founder of Essence Psychological Health Services. The mission of Essence Psychological Health Services is to provide culturally and gender appropriate psychological services to women, children and families. Dr. Burton’s research interests center on the intersections of race, sexuality, gender, health and socioeconomic status on women’s mental health.Dr. Burton has published and presented on such topics, as mental health needs of women with SMI, sexual scripts for African American within Hip-Hop culture, multicultural theory and racial identity development. Her clinical focus is on women’s mental health, sexuality, and trauma. In addition, Dr. Burton provides specialty services to women experiencing challenges related to reproductive complications, trauma, loss and early infant mortality.
- University of Houston- Ph.D. Counseling PsychologyState University of New York- University at Albany- M.S. CounselingUnion College- B.S. Psychology
Session Type / Duration
- Couples therapy / 80 Minutes
- Free therapy consultation / 30 Minutes
- Individual therapy session / 45 Minutes
- Practice session / 15 Minutes