Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MD)
Bethesda, MD 20815 US
As a compassionate listener, I work with the family to discover what is getting in the way of their life's satisfaction. My experience thus far has been with families of small and school aged children through adolescents and teens. We will work together to discover fresh and new solutions.
Having been a parent-manager to a youth travel soccer team, I bring experience and a different perspective to sport psychology and mental skills training. My systemic viewpoint looks beyond the athlete's own mental state and addresses potential athletic conflict with parents and coaches. We will work together to discover what is getting in the way of the athlete's success and enjoyment.
Let's talk - finding the right professional to fit your needs can be daunting. I welcome your call so that I might be able to ease any concerns.
- Therapy may help to provide relief from a system breakdown in relationships and communication. I work with families in two areas:I offer family therapy to those who are experiencing difficulties in life's transitions, such as divorce or teenage development. My experience working with families include self injury, ADHD, grief/loss, step parenting, and family conflict.I also offer consultation to athletes, parents, and coaches to develop the necessary cohesion for the athlete to flourish. I termed this phrase as athletic conflict.
- BA - Art History - University of Dallas, 1984MS - Marriage and Family Therapy - Capella University, 2013
- Family Therapy
- Life Transitions
- ADHD (child and adolescent)
- Attachment Disorder
Session Type / Rate / Duration
- Consultation with athlete / $80 / 45 Minutes
- Family therapy / $135 / 50 Minutes
- First session consultation / $35 / 20 Minutes
- Initial inquiry call / $0 / 20 Minutes
- Team consultation / $175 / 60 Minutes