Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (WA)
Freeland, WA, WA 98249 US
I love getting to know people and helping them to discover their own strengths. Empowering them as they grow and learn and take charge of their own lives. We all face challenges in our lives, and using counseling to help master those challenges is a really smart way to tackle them. Facing a big change in life, or wanting to eliminate a long hidden insecurity? Counseling can help.
Feeling hopeless, helpless, stuck, worried all the time, unloved or unappreciated? You deserve to have someone who listens, seeks to understand and helps you explore those dark places and find power, peace and comfort. However well you are doing in life right now, you can feel better, we all can. I appreciate how much courage it takes to accept help and I will honor the effort you are making, and will ensure that our time together it is time well spent.
I am a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker who lives and works in Washington State. My approach is an integrated, trauma informed collaborative one, relying primarily on motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy and family systems theory. I believe in establishing a strong client/counselor relationship, creating a safe and non-judgemental space for honest sharing and growth. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to me.
You cannot change your past, but you have incredible influence over your future. Don't let another day go by without the support you need to make it what you want it to be.
- For the last 17 years I have worked with individuals, couples, families, groups and community agencies to tackle difficult issues. I have worked in hospitals, mental health care and in the community. I have experience supporting those suffering from addiction, serious mental illness and the impacts of adverse childhood events.I have extensive experience with older adults, facing changes in living situation, grief and loss, adjustment to illness and disability. And on the other end of the lifespan I worked for years with young families, foster children, postpartum mothers and suicidal adolescents.Throughout the years my belief in each and every individuals ability to find meaning in their life through personal growth and development has only been strengthened, and my passion for helping those seeking that strength and meaning has multiplied. I hope that I will have the opportunity to assist you on your journey.
- I have a Masters of Social Work from the University of Washington and a Bachelors of Social Work from Northern Arizona University. I maintain continuing education throughout the year, exceeding my professions requirements for continued licensure. I also continue to learn from my work, consultation and independent study.
- Anxiety and Depression
- Post-Partum Depression
- Wellness and Health Promotion
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- ADHD (adult)
- Bereavement and Grief
- ADHD (child and adolescent)
- Adjustment & Life Transition
Session Type / Rate / Duration
- Couples therapy / $120 / 60 Minutes
- Family therapy / $120 / 60 Minutes
- Individual supervision (licsw-a and lacsw-a) / $75 / 60 Minutes
- Individual therapy / $120 / 60 Minutes