Licensed Psychologist (PA)
“Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle” (loose translation of Plato). Everyone encounters rough patches in life when we find ourselves stuck and struggling against an obstacle placed in our path. Therapy can empower us with the tools to overcome those obstacles so that we can move forward strengthened and better equipped for the future. As a psychologist, I work to create an empathic, safe, positive environment for my clients. I believe in establishing a trusting therapeutic relationship based on respect and honesty in order to maximize the effectiveness of therapy. Your comfort with this process is important to me. My approach to therapy is to meet a person where they are at and match my intervention style to what makes the most sense to them. I am grounded in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy but incorporate elements of other orientations/styles when beneficial.
- I am licensed clinical psychologist. I have worked in a variety of settings including group homes for individuals with high functioning Autism, an assessment center for diagnosing Autism spectrum disorders, three different community mental health centers, the public school system, and private group practice. In these settings, I have had the opportunity to work with children, families, adults, and the geriatric population. Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, ADHD, Trauma/ PTSD, Autism Spectrum disorders, Parenting concerns, and behavior problems are issues I have encountered frequently in my work. Over the years I have worked with the Department of Juvenile services, the Department of Social services and various school systems to conduct psychological evaluations for children and adults that were involved with these agencies. I ran an Anger management group for children ages 5-10 and their parents and a social skills group for pre-teens. I participated in training for Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with children and have extensive experience working with children that have a history of abuse and/or neglect. I love the fact that each day, my job gives me the chance to help someone reach their potential and teach me about their experiences.
- PsyD Indiana University of PennsylvaniaMA Indiana University of PennsylvaniaBA University of North Carolina at Chapel HIll
- Anxiety and Depression
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
- Adult Therapy
Session Type / Rate / Duration
- Free initial consult / $0 / 15 Minutes
- Standard session / $100 / 60 Minutes