Licensed Professional Counselor-Mental Health Service Provider (TN)
The Problem With Some Therapists
I understand that making the decision to enter therapy is not always easy. Many times therapists take the role of identifying what is “wrong” with a client, or how a client needs to be “fixed.” I view my role, as your therapist, as helping you identify what is preventing you from growing and having a fulfilling life. If you are considering therapeutic counseling as an option for you, I want you to know that I am a therapist who can help, and who will respect you and your unique beliefs, values, and life experiences as you work toward making the necessary corrections to ensure your personal growth. I welcome your calls and emails, and I look forward to the opportunity of working with you.
Counseling Should Be More Than “Just Listening.”
One of the most frequent complaints I hear about therapists is that they “just listen” to the client’s problems, and feedback or “reflect” what the client says, with little or no suggestions as to how to help the client solve their problems. While there is tremendous benefit in hearing and understanding the problem, clients need more than “just listening.” I will work with you to help identify solutions that align with your individual beliefs, values, and life experiences in order to ensure a highly effective therapeutic outcome and a fulfilling life.
Counseling Services Should Be Professional
Counseling is a professional service, and I believe that professional dress, behavior, attitude, and credentials are important to working therapeutically with clients. I also believe that providing a professional service benefits clients by demonstrating respect for clients and their needs.
- Upon graduating I worked for a local mental health company working with families in need. I then moved into a management position where I evaluated clinical applications and documentation and oversaw therapists providing therapy services (I also maintained a part time private practice). I left that position in 2009 and began a full time private practice specializing in working with adults who suffer from Anxiety, Depression, Anger, and Marriage/ Relationship Issues.
- I have a Bachelor's degree in Humanities and Social Sciences with a concentraion in Psychology and Sociology with a minor in Philosophy and Religion. I also have a Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling. I am currently working on a Doctorate in Holistic Nutrition.
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Disorders
- Marriage and Relationship Counseling
- Panic Disorder
- Stress Management
Session Type / Rate / Duration
- 100 minute video session / $90 / 100 Minutes
- 50 minute video session / $45 / 50 Minutes