Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (TX)
Things happen in life that can rock your world. In these times, the people in your life can either be of support or (despite their best efforts) a part of the problem.
I've been there. I know. And rather than killing me, these times have made me stronger and more empathetic.
Life can be a series of ups and downs. If you find yourself in one of these slumps, nothing that you have tried works, and your support system doesn't have the skills to help you, consider talking to a professional like me.
We all experience tough times and challenges in relationships at some point(s) in our lives. Your problems may be straight forward, requiring just a few tweaks. Or your issues may be a more complex web that has to be untangled carefully. Our work would be to figure out which category you fit in and identify what’s at the core of your problem(s).
Then, in either case, the remedy is to know how to cope with your life's challenges. Those who cope well in times like these are resilient.
The good news is that resiliency can be taught! With just a few simple exercises, a few bits of information, soul-searching conversations, and faith, you can change your outlook and your responses. Over the last 28 years, I have collected many therapeutic tools to help my clients.
Let's talk and see how I can help you discover your joy for life!
Same day appointments on Mondays and Fridays. FREE phone consultations available at 8:00 AM, 8:30 AM, 4:30 PM and 5:00 PM.
Schedule a FREE 15 minutes phone consultation now!
*Practicing therapy for 28 years.
*Licensed in Texas for 18 years.
*In private practice for 13 years.
*Child Protective Services (CPS) Caseworker and Supervisor - interviewed, assessed, made needs-based referrals, testified in suspected abuse and neglect cases, placed in foster care or up for adoption, & mentored run-aways, throw-aways, difficult to place youth, and teen mothers.
*Family Violence Prevention Counselor - counseled run-aways, throw-aways, survivors of rape, domestic violence, & childhood trauma
*Board Member - The American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
*University Faculty - taught 15 semester-long courses and supervised hundreds of Masters- and Doctoral-level marriage and family therapy & counseling students
*Guest Expert - Oprah Winfrey Show, on parenting difficult children
*Pastoral Counselor (at a pastoral counseling agency) - applied a spiritual lens to professional therapeutic techniques & clients’ problems.
*Private Practice - counseled those experiencing trauma/PTSD, depression, anxiety, couple conflict, faith issues, LGBTQ issues, unresolved issues/conflict in families, & other issues
*Military Family Life Consultant - counseled service members and their families, CONUS and OCONUS
*Critical Incident Debriefer provided psychological first-aid during workplace crises.
Ph.D. - Child and Family Development, with a Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy
MS - Child and Family Development
BA - Psychology
OTHER COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING:
*Advance Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
*Advance Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills Training
*Advance Clinical Incident Debriefing
*Crown Financial Coach
- PTSD and Trauma
- Trauma and Abuse
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bereavement and Grief
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Women's Issues and Health
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Session Type / Rate / Duration
- A free phone consultation / $0 / 15 Minutes
- Coaching - general / $150 / 45 Minutes
- Coaching - general / $50 / 15 Minutes
- Coaching - general / $100 / 30 Minutes
- Coaching - practice development/growth / $200 / 60 Minutes
- Coaching - purpose / $200 / 60 Minutes
- Coaching - start-up entrepreneur / $200 / 60 Minutes
- Couple therapy / $200 / 60 Minutes
- Crisis therapy / $250 / 60 Minutes
- Group therapy (non clinical) / $25 / 75 Minutes
- Group therapy - (clinical) - 90 minutes / $50 / 90 Minutes
- Individual therapy / $100 / 30 Minutes
- Individual therapy / $150 / 45 Minutes
- Individual therapy / $200 / 60 Minutes
- Intensive half-day therapy / $600 / 180 Minutes
- Intensive one-day boot camp / $1,200 / 360 Minutes
- Mediation / $600 / 180 Minutes
- Mediation / $1,200 / 360 Minutes
- Multi-family group / $50 / 90 Minutes
- Multi-generational family therapy (adults only) / $250 / 60 Minutes
- Sibling family therapy (adults only) / $200 / 60 Minutes