Licensed Professional Counselor (TX)
My approach is warm and relaxed. I pride myself on meeting my clients where they are and gently encouraging them through their desired change. I will work with you on deciding goals and collaborating together on how best to reach them.
- Hello! So glad you are here! I'd love to tell you more about my experience as a counselor. I have dedicated my life to providing quality counseling services to those in need. Over the course of my career I have honed my skills in many different areas.I earned my Master's degree from the University of North Texas, a renowned center for counseling training. I served as a counselor for the Children's Advocacy Center of Denton County, where I provided quality services to children who were victims of crime and criminal trauma such as sexual abuse and violence. From there I continued my career with Catholic Charities of Fort Worth as a Family Intervention Specialist where I provided parenting education and counseling. There, I helped at-risk families to reduce conflict and improve the parent-child relationship. During this time, I also worked with Communities in Schools further honing my skills working with children and teens. Many of which faced common school age issues such as bullying, self harm and eating disorders. To further my experience in the much under staffed area of addiction I began working at The Right Step where I helped those battling addiction. Most recently I have completed EMDR training, a cutting edge therapy for those who have experienced trauma and loss.Throughout my experience, I have always had a strong passion for private practice. In this way, I can provide the highest level of customer services and meet my clients where they are without strings attached. If you'd like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact me directly!
- In August of 2008 I obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology through the University of North Texas (UNT). I continued my studies at UNT and earned a Masters of Education in counseling in December of 2011. My formal education has prepared me to counsel children, adolescents, and adults in both individual and group settings.In accordance with the state laws of Texas I hold a license as a Licensed Professional Counselor, License # 69037. Counselors wishing to practice must maintain mandatory credential checks with state agencies that grant licenses and regulate professional behavior.
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Family Conflict
- Parent/Child Relationship
- Preteen/Teen specific Issues
- Relationship Concerns
- Trauma and Abuse
- Young Adult Counseling
Session Type / Duration
- Counseling session / 45 Minutes
- Intake assessment / 60 Minutes
- Maintenance/check in / 30 Minutes