Licensed Clinical Social Worker (VA)
120 E. Market Street Unit 2 Leesburg, VA 20176 US
I grew up in Rochester, NY and went to graduate school in Buffalo, NY. This area of NY is quite different than where I live now in Northern VA. Moving down here in 2003 turned out to be one of the best decisions in terms of the amount of opportunities available. I truly fell in love in my career path and am able to enjoy the great outdoors as well. My family and I enjoy camping, traveling and just being together.
- I started my career in upstate New York working with Severely Emotionally Disturbed Adolescents (SED), many of which were involved with the Juvenile Justice System. I moved down to Virginia in 2003 and worked with my local Child Protective Services agency. I later took a position with my local Community Services Board where I had two main responsibilities. I provided therapy for children, adolescents, families and adults. The second part of my job was managing State funding. I assessed eligibility for SED youth and contracted with agencies to provide services for them.I entered the private practice arena in 2009 and opened my own private practice in 2012. I have two specialties within my practice. The first one is working with children of all ages, families and helping parents with parenting. The youth I see may struggle with things like school, behaviors, big emotions, or family dynamics. I often work with parents on parenting strategies as well.The second niche in my practice is working with adults with anxiety, depression or are experiencing/anticipating a life transition.I am trained in several different therapy models, which I use consistently with my clients. My work tends to be solution-focused and we focus on client strengths to get to achieve their goals. While I do enjoy and see the benefits to chatting with my clients, each session has direction from the chosen model and there are often opportunities to practice the skills learned outside of session to enhance the benefits of treatment. (Homework)Feel free to browse my website to get a fuller understanding of my practice and my work.Thank you for your interest!
- Licensed Clinical Social Work (2007)Master's in Social Work (2003)Academic Concentration in Alcohol and Other DrugsBachelor's in Human Development (1999)Minor in Sociology
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
- Anxiety and Depression
- Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy